Monday, December 13, 2010

My Favorite Room

If I had to pick one room in my house that was my favorite it would definitely be my bedroom. The rest of my house is a mixture of rustic and cabin, but I wanted my bedroom to be a light and airy retreat. It's not completely finished, my husband still needs to build my headboard and I need to find something to go over the bed.  But of course, I couldn't wait to show you anyway (because who knows when he'll get around to building it) !

100_3200

The sachet that I hand embrodiered and sewed. My cat enjoys playing with it a little too much.

100_3203

Bought this from Kirklands on sale for 7.99...I loved the Marilyn Monroe quote.

100_3214

Most of the bedding I got at Target, except for the white vintage, lace trimmed pillow shams (I got them from an antique store in Allen, TX), and all of the throw pillows that I made myself.

100_3217

Blue mason jars are my favorite for candle holders or flower vases. My mom bought me this one before I moved.

100_3218

100_3219

100_3228

My bedside table (that my lovely husband built for me and I painted) with a picture of my dad and I on my wedding day. The pitcher I got at HomeGoods, which by the way we don't have here in Alaska....sighhh

100_3230

I got this lamp for a quarter..yes, you read that right...a QUARTER! I bought it from a community outreach program in Allen, TX. They were overstocked on merchandise, and were selling everything for a quarter. The lamps were a hideous brass color so I busted out my handy spray paint and viola! Beautiful new to me lamps!

100_3235

100_3240

Another .25 cent find!

100_3241

I refinished this dresser recently, and frosted these candlesticks. I have 6 of these candlesticks that all match, but I found them at 4 different stores. I kept randomly finding matching ones at random thrift stores.

100_3265

100_3250

My husband sits in this chair each morning and puts his boots on.

100_3266

Monogrammed pillow from Kirklands.

100_3273

100_3257

This trunk is my favorite thing I've redone...it's my husband's grandfather's navy foot locker from the 40's. It was rusted and falling apart and the inside paper was rotting so I used Rustoleum's Heirloom White and some random brown spray paint to fix it up. My Mother in law helped me recover the inside with a material from Hobby Lobby. She also helped me make these satin pillows!

100_3258

My mother in law and I disagreed on the trim for this material. She liked this blue and brown braiding and I liked a soft champagne color, so how did we decide? She stood in the aisle and asked 10 random strangers in Hobby Lobby which one they would pick! She's so funny! And she won by the way. Silly lady.

100_3259

My mother in law made me these beautiful pillows from the leftover material that we used in the trunk.

100_3260

The first embroidery I ever did, and also the first sewing I ever did making this pillow.

100_3270

...And I'll leave you with the view outside my bedroom window... It may be cold but nowhere has a view like Alaska.




No comments:

Post a Comment